We know how busy spring of senior year can be. Sporting events, music performances, theater productions, AP tests, finding time for friends, and, of course, choosing a college. Hopefully this page of information makes squeezing in a visit to St. Olaf a little easier by bringing some of the resources to you. You’ll find links for travel information, campus maps, and nearby events happening.
Things to keep in mind as you make your way to Northfield:
- If you can make it to campus Thursday night or early Friday there will be open classes, tours, lunch, interviews, open rehearsals and overnight student hosts available to you. You can indicate your interest through the Admitted Student Day registration form.
- For students traveling alone, St. Olaf can provide transportation between MSP airport and campus. The shuttle will pick up students within 2 hours of their flight arrival between the hours of 5 a.m. and 10 p.m. The shuttle will return you to the airport on your departure date at least 80 minutes before your departure. If you need transportation, please provide your arrival and departure flight information in the Admitted Student Day registration form.
- Looking for directions? Add in your starting directions here for the best route to campus.
- Not sure where to go on campus? Check out the interactive campus map. FYI, Buntrock Commons and Tomson Hall are good places to start for students visiting campus.
- For families needing places to stay, there are many hotels in Northfield and even more in the cities surrounding campus. Feel free to check out suggested hotels here.
- Want to explore Northfield? As a two college town, there are plenty of places to eat, visit, and explore. Check out some of what is available in town here.
- Interested in heading up to the Twin Cities? Don’t forget about the President’s Parent Reception the Friday before each Admitted Student Day. But for Saturday night, find things to do in Minneapolis or St. Paul below.
- Interested in the Mall of America? Check out what’s happening after Admitted Students Day here.