Fram searches for and identifies most items in the collection: letters, diaries, office records, artifacts, recordings, publications, scrapbooks, and photos. It also provides full-text articles from the Alumni Magazine for 1936 to 1979 and abstracts for every issue of the Manitou Messenger, the student newspaper (1887-2000).
The archives has assembled the names of over 2700 students who were enrolled during the first 30 years of the college’s history. This document also includes the dates of each student’s enrollment and department.
The following primary and secondary sources have been digitized and are available in the St. Olaf College Digital Collections:
- The Manitou Messenger Collection (1887-1916) and (1959-1988). Currently digitizing other years.
- The Viking Year Book (1904-2007). Final Issue.
- Joseph Shaw, History of St. Olaf 1874-1974 (1974).
- Joseph Shaw, Dear Old Hill: The Story of Manitou Heights, the Campus of St. Olaf College (1992).
- Eugene E. Simpson, A History of St. Olaf Choir (1921).
- Catalog of St. Olaf College (1885/1886-1916/1917).
- Randall, Harry, formerly Einar Petersen, St. Olafstudenternes Norgesfrd (1906).