How to Reserve General Meeting/Gathering Space
For on campus reservations please utilize the R25 Webviewer. All campus room reservations must come through R25. For questions about how to utilize R25 please go to the scheduling link. You can also contact Nancy Stuckmayer in the Scheduling Office with any questions you may have. To reserve the Lion’s Pause Mane Stage, use the reservation form.
When making a reservation please provide as much information regarding room set-up details, and all audio visual needs. Last minute requests for AV may not be able to be accommodated. For people/groups off-campus who wish to utilize space within the Commons, please contact Guest Conferences Director at 507-786-3043.
You can check the availability of most meeting rooms on campus by checking the R25 Room scheduling program. Be sure to click the “Go to Today” before checking a location. As Nancy is the only Buntrock Staff who is permitted to enter items into the R25 program, there may be a case where a room in Buntrock appears to be “open” but is actually booked for a group but has not yet been entered into the program. This is usually the case when a student staff member has reserved the room for you.
- Space is reserved on a first come, first served basis. Every effort is made to match all first priorities.
- Please confirm all room reservations before finalizing event dates and details.
- Exceptions to the above guidelines include major college events involving special speakers or publicized notice, e.g., Admissions open houses, banquets, Christmas Festival, Commencement/Reunion Weekend, Board of Regents.
- Requests more than one year in advance cannot be accepted.
- Rooms in the Commons cannot be reserved for regularly scheduled classroom use.
- Student Organizations are limited to one weekly room reservation in the Commons, between Monday and Thursday.
- Please be sure once details are determined, to add your event to the Campus Master Calendar if appropriate.
The fee schedule* for the use of space in the Buntrock Commons is as follows: (full day charge listed first, followed by up to 1/2 day charge, then meal time use only charge)
- Small meeting rooms (145A, Ibsen-146, 220, 221, 222) ($80, $60)
- Large meeting rooms on middle level (Undset-142, Munch-143,Grieg-144) ($100, $70)
- Viking Theater ($225, $150)
- The Black and Gold Ballroom (complex) ($575, $445)
- Ballroom — Black and Gold Sections individually ($175, $135)
- Ballroom Sun Room Section ($225, $175)
- Trollhaugen Room (Kings’ Room West) Saturday only ($125, $90)
- Valhalla Room (Kings’ Room North) ($125, $90,$60)
- Kings’ Dining Room (Trollhaugen and Valhalla) ($250, $180)
*There are additional charges for Media and Audio Visual.
- No fees are charged for St. Olaf groups unless special set-up or clean-up services are required.
- No fees are charged to emeriti unless special set-up or clean-up are required.
- St. Olaf groups reserving space for non-St. Olaf use will be charged user fees unless a declaration of sponsorship form is completed. Please contact the Conference Office for details.
- Half-day= 4 hours or less and not over the lunch hour.