St. Olaf has a fleet of vehicles which are available for official business of the college. These are available to faculty, staff and recognized student organizations. Vehicles in the fleet include:
- 8 Minivans (7 passengers total) – .50 a mile
- 1 Chevy Traverse with all wheel drive and 5,200 pound towing capacity (8 passengers total) – .65 a mile
* Per the new college policy on 12 passenger vans, large vans have been eliminated.
Travel groups of 15 or more are encouraged to utilize a chartered bus if the travel distance is greater than 50 miles one-way. Northfield Lines is a trusted, local, transportation vendor:
“Click here to request a free quote. A transportation specialist will get back to you shortly with more information.
If at any time you need personal assistance, please call our number 651-203-8888.“
Mileage rate includes gasoline, insurance and maintenance. (*Charges are subject to change.)
A cancellation charge of $25 will be assessed if your request is not cancelled within 24 hours of reservation.
Local trips are charged a $25 minimum fee.
Anyone driving a college vehicle must be at least 20 years old, must be on the approved drivers list, which includes passing a motor-vehicle background check and maintaining the online Alert Driver safety training program certification that must be renewed every two years. Those interested in the training must fill out a request to complete the training by Wednesday each week, the day background checks are completed and logins to the training are distributed to those that submit the request.
Vehicles will not be reserved/checked out without a department unit number.
Trips leaving before 9:00 am on Saturday or Sunday must pick up key packets the night before.
To reserve a vehicle, contact the Buntrock Commons Scheduling Office.
In your email request, include:
- Preferred size of vehicle
- Number of people traveling
- Time of Departure
- Time of Return
- Driver’s name (and cell number, if known)
- Unit number for the charge
Key packets can be picked up at:
- Buntrock Information Desk – during the academic year.
- Buntrock Scheduling Office – Summer
All college vehicles are parked in the lot on the west side of Tostrud.
If a college vehicle is not available, Laura Mascotti (Office of Student Activities) can arrange for you to rent from Enterprise, or by using this link: http://wp.stolaf.edu/sa/transportation/enterprise-rentals/
- The College disallows the rentals of 12 passenger vans through Enterprise, or other rental car companies.
- Charges vary according to size.
- With rental vehicles, gas is over and above the regular charge.
- Driver requirements are the same, except drivers must be 21 in order to drive an Enterprise vehicle.
- Cancellation of rental vehicles must be made at least 48 hours prior to scheduled use or a cancellation charge will be incurred.
- There are some restrictions regarding states rental 12 passenger vans can be taken through.
- There will be a $50 fee applied to each rental cancelled within 24hrs of the pickup time.