- Check with department and/or program on major, emphasis, and/or concentration.
- Optional: Schedule time with coaching staff within the Piper Center for Vocation and Career to begin the job search process, have your resume critiqued, and log on to Ole Career Central to locate jobs in your field of interest.
- Apply to graduate online using the “Application to Graduate” form. You received your senior audit in your P.O. Check your audit carefully and contact the Registrar’s Office if you have questions or concerns. The deadline for the online graduation application found in the SIS is Monday, February 29.
- You must confirm via SIS your intent to graduate by February 29.
- Verify graduation information for your diploma, the commencement program, and your major/concentration certification (as posted by the Registrar).
- Order your cap and gown from Jostens by March 9 to ensure availability at GradFest.
- A booklet containing Commencement Weekend information along with registration information will be mailed to parents of graduating seniors in March. Graduating seniors will also receive Commencement Weekend information in the P.O. boxes at this time. Registration questions can be directed to Valerie Bollinger (507-786-3811) in the Special Events Office.
- If you will be off campus after April 1, contact Jean Callister-Benson to ensure that you will receive pertinent commencement information.
GradFest is taking place in April, in the Ballroom. Come and go as your schedule permits during either session: 11 a.m.–1 p.m. or 4–7 p.m.
The St. Olaf Bookstore will be distributing caps and gowns at GradFest. You will need to pay for your gown at this time ($35: cash, check, credit card, or Ole Dollars).
Check with family members to ensure that they have received registration and ticketing information for Commencement Weekend events.
Events requiring preregistration include: On-campus housing for family and friends of graduates, Graduation Gala, and Brunch.
When ordering transcripts during spring semester, be sure to mark “send after Semester II grades and degree have been posted.” This ensures your degree will be listed.
The Financial Aid Office will email instructions to complete a REQUIRED Exit Loan Counseling for Federal (Stafford and Perkins) and St. Olaf College Loan borrowers.
Inform Jean Callister-Benson if you will not attend graduation and did not note this on your application.
- Complete the very brief survey of your class, First Destination, if you didn’t do so at GradFest (even if you’re not sure yet what your plans are). You may update information if your plans have changed since Gradfest.
- Attend one Federal Loan Repayment Session. Date, time and location will be sent via email from the Financial Aid Office.
- Complete Required exit loan counseling for federal (Stafford and Perkins) and St. Olaf College loan borrowers by
- Residence halls and honor houses will close the Monday after graduation. Visit Residence Life for details.
- If you are concerned about the pronunciation of your name at commencement, stop by the Office of Student Life in Tomson Hall or make an appointment with the Vice President For Student Life to review pronunciation.
- If necessary, you may exchange up to two of your three commencement tickets for tickets in the physically challenged seating area. Do this when you pick up your commencement tickets in the Scheduling Office of Buntrock Commons.
- Pick up your Commencement tickets in the Scheduling Office of Buntrock Commons (room 007) the week prior to Commencement. Each graduating senior will receive a total of three tickets. Tickets will be available Monday, May 18–Friday, May 22 8 a.m.–5 p.m. Please present your student I.D. when picking up tickets. NO TICKETS WILL BE AVAILABLE AFTER 5 P.M. MAY 22.
- Try on your gown to make sure it’s the right size. If it isn’t, you might be able to correct it but not on the day of commencement. Steam your gown before the ceremony as the gowns come out of the package wrinkled. The Office of Student Activities will have a steamer available for your use.
- Make sure you have no financial obligations to the college prior to commencement. You will not be able to receive your diploma if you have any outstanding fees. Check your account online or call x3766.
- Arrive at the Tostrud Field House for commencement rehearsal Sunday, May 29 at 12:30 p.m. in your cap and gown.
- Contact your area coordinator or resident assistant to check out of your residence hall or honor house by no later than the Monday after commencement.