2013–14 Graduation Timeline
Italicized items are optional
- Check with department and/or program on major, emphasis, and/or concentration.
- Schedule time with coaching staff within the Piper Center for Vocation and Career to begin the job search process, have your resume critiqued, and log on to Ole Career Central to locate jobs in your field of interest.
- Apply to graduate online in the SIS via the “Application to Graduate” form. You received your senior audit in your P.O. Check your audit carefully and contact the Registrar’s Office if you have questions or concerns. The deadline for the online graduation application found in the SIS is March 5, 2014.
- The week of November 4, make sure you have no financial obligation to the college prior to Interim and Semester II registration. You may check the status of your account online.
- You must confirm your intent to graduate by March 5, 2014 in the SIS.
- Verify graduation information for your diploma, the commencement program and your major/concentration certification – posted on the Registrar’s website.
- A booklet containing Commencement Weekend information along with registration information will be mailed to parents of graduating seniors in February. Graduating seniors will also receive Commencement Weekend information in the P.O. boxes at this time. Registration questions can be directed at the Office of Special Events.
- You can place your cap and gown order online. Follow the directions provided to ensure availability of a cap and gown at GradFest. Orders must be placed before March 9, 2014.
- If you will be off campus after the first of April, email Max Erickson, Assistant Director of College Special Events (email@example.com) to ensure you receive all the commencement information you will need.
GradFest is taking place Thursday, April 24, 2014, in the Black and Gold Ballroom. Gradfest is an open house event – you may come and go as your schedule permits during either session: 11 a.m. – 1 p.m., or 4 – 7 p.m.
The St. Olaf Bookstore will be distributing cap and gowns at GradFest. You will need to pay for your gown at this time. ($35, cash, check, credit card, or Ole Dollars).
Check with family members to ensure that they have received registration and ticketing information for Commencement Weekend events. Registration deadline is May 9, 2014.
Events requiring preregistration include: On-campus housing for family and friends of graduates, Senior Soiree, Saturday night Dinner in Stav Hall (if not attending the Senior Soiree), and Brunch.
When ordering transcripts during spring semester, be sure to mark “send after Semester II grades and degree have been posted.” This ensures your degree will be listed.
The Financial Aid Office will email instructions to complete a REQUIRED Exit Loan Counseling for Federal (Stafford and Perkins) and St. Olaf College Loan borrowers.
Notify Max Erickson – firstname.lastname@example.org – in the Office of Special Events if you will not be attending the graduation ceremony.
- Complete the very brief Class of 2014 Survey: First Destination, if you didn’t get a chance to do so at GradFest (even if you’re not sure yet what your plans are). You may update your information if your plans have changed since Gradfest.
- Attend one Federal Loan Repayment Session. Date, time and location will be sent via email from financial aid.
- Complete Required Exit Loan Counseling for Federal (Stafford and Perkins) Loan and St. Olaf College Loan borrowers by Friday, May 16, 2014.
- Residence halls and honor houses will close the Monday after graduation. Check the Residence Life website for further details.
- If you are concerned about the pronunciation of your name at Commencement, stop by the Office of Student Life in Tomson Hall or make an appointment with Vice President Kneser to review the pronunciation.
- If necessary, you may exchange up to two of your three commencement tickets for tickets in the physically challenged seating area. Do this when you pick up your commencement tickets in the Scheduling Office of Buntrock Commons.
- Pick up your Commencement tickets in the Scheduling Office of Buntrock Commons, room 007, the week prior to Commencement. Each graduating senior will receive a total of three tickets. Tickets will be available Monday, May 19 through Friday, May 23 from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Please present your student I.D. when picking up tickets. NO TICKETS WILL BE AVAILABLE AFTER 5 P.M. FRIDAY, MAY 23.
- Be sure to try on your commencement gown to make sure it’s the right size. If it’s not the right size, you might be able to correct it but not on the day of commencement. Steam your gown before the ceremony – the gowns come out of the package extremely wrinkled. The Office of Student Activities will have a steamer available for your use.
- Make sure you have no financial obligations to the college prior to commencement. You will not be able to receive your diploma if you have any outstanding fees. Please check the status of your account online or call x3766.
- Arrive at the Tostrud Field House for commencement rehearsal at 12:30 p.m. on Sunday, May 25 in cap and gown.
- Contact your area coordinator or resident assistant to check out of your residence hall or honor house by no later than Monday, May 26.