The Minnesota Office of Higher Education has accepted the St. Olaf Summer Music Camp as part of their 2015 Summer Academic Enrichment Program. The Summer Academic Enrichment Program will provide stipends on a first-come, first-serve basis, to cover the direct cost for Minnesota students to attend the Music Camp during the summer of 2015. STUDENTS MUST BE RESIDENTS OF THE STATE OF MINNESOTA. Students must be completing grades 9-12 and qualify for free or reduced price lunches. Students must have earned at least an overall “C” average or its equivalent for the most recently recorded academic term in the area of Fine Arts. Stipends made possible by this grant will allow students from low-income families throughout the state to attend summer academic enrichment programs. Students will only be allowed to receive funds (up to $1000) to attend one enrichment program during the summer of 2015.
1. Complete this camp registration form (click here). You can either complete the online form or download and mail the form.
2. Email firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know you would like to apply for the stipend and have completed the online registration form.
3. Mail/email verification of free or reduced lunch program. This can be a copy of the letter you received from the state or a letter from the school counselor/principal.
4. Mail/email documentation of “C” or better grade in Fine Arts from the most recent grading period.
5. Summer Music Camp, St. Olaf College, 1520 St. Olaf Avenue, Northfield, MN 55057
Note: Camp registration form, free/reduced lunch verification and most recent report card needs to be in the camp office before your camper’s name can be submitted to the Summer Academic Enrichment Program for approval.
Some community organizations offer academic summer camp funds to local students. Please check with your local groups: VFW, Lion’s Club, Jaycees, American Legion, to name a few.