Intended Learning Outcomes
Students will demonstrate:
- understanding of the ways that visual culture provides insight into diverse and profound interests of people and cultures.
- the ability to read and interpret visual material and to express this knowledge in written and oral forms.
- familiarity with the visual traditions of a wide span of cultures and historical periods and an awareness of the differences between and within cultures.
- understanding of the different methodological approaches that art historians employ.
- understanding of the basic principles of making art in the studio.