Working closely with the Office of Institutional Research and Evaluation (IR&E), the Assessment Subcommittee leads St. Olaf’s program of “mission-driven, meaning, and manageable” assessment of student learning. It supports faculty and staff efforts to gather evidence about student learning and to use that evidence to guide decisions concerning curriculum and pedagogy. In order to facilitate its work, the composition of the Subcommittee spans a variety of disciplines and special expertise, and includes adjunct members, as well as members of the Curriculum Committee.
- Jason Ripley, Chair (Curriculum Committee, 2015, Humanities)
- Jo Beld (Institutional Research and Evaluation, Social Sciences)
- Scott Godfrey (Institutional Research and Evaluation)
- Kris MacPherson (Library, Interdisciplinary and General Studies)
- Christina Pauley (Class of 2017)
- Mark Pernecky (Curriculum Committee, 2014, Social Sciences)
- Matt Richey (Associate Dean, Natural Sciences and Mathematics)