Intended Learning Outcomes
Students will demonstrate:
- knowledge of a range of literatures in English from diverse cultures, periods, and geographic regions.
- the ability to analyze literary texts using appropriate terminology and different theoretical approaches (such as feminist, historicist, and postcolonial).
- the ability to write critically about literature in clear, effective prose.
- the ability to read closely; to situate texts in larger contexts, such as genre, culture, historical framework; and to understand the interplay between reading and creative and critical writing.
- understanding of and engagement with the world around them resulting from their study of literature.