Intended Learning Outcomes
Students will demonstrate:
- linguistic competence, including:
- language proficiency in listening, reading, writing and speaking at the ACTFL Intermediate-High level; and
- metalinguistic awareness of language as a system and of the ways in which language organizes thought processes and information and reflects culture.
- cultural knowledge, including:
- ability to compare and contrast works of the Norwegian literary canon, placing them in a historical context and differentiating literary periods;
- ability to analyze and critique literature using standard literary methodology; and
- ability to interpret trends in contemporary Norwegian society informed by an understanding of Norwegian history.