Students enrolled in the following courses: ED 170, ED 246, ED 260, ED 290, ED 330, ED 374, ED 378, ED 379, and several methods courses are required to complete a field experience. These experiences are integral components to the St. Olaf College Teacher Education Program and provide an opportunity to apply educational theory to real-world settings. Students are required to complete a minimum of 120 hours of field experience, 80 hours of which must be in a diverse setting.
- Field Experience Handbook. This handbook outlines the field experience expectations for students and host teachers.
- Confirming Your Placement in Tk20. This link will take you to the Tk20 Directions page; you can see how to confirm your placement in Tk20.
- Field Experience Calendar
- Field Experience Goal Sheet. This paper form can be used to keep track of your field experience hours, however you will be asked to enter your hours in Tk20 at the end of your field experience instead of turning this form in (click here to follow directions for entering your goal sheet in Tk20).
- Field Experience Student Information Form. This form should be completed electronically and given to your host teacher at the start of each field experience. Save it and upload it to Tk20 as an artifact so you can simply modify it with each new field experience.
- Ed 379 Interim Student Information Form