Check out the environmentally related events and conversations happening around the Hill and the world. Feeds from National Public Radio, the BBC and the Minnesota Pollution Control Agency are highlighted below.
- Everything But The Squeal: How The Hog Industry Cuts Food WasteLarge-scale hog operations get a bad environmental rap. But when it comes to processing the animals, the industry is a model of efficiency, making use of every […]
- Aral Sea's Eastern Basin Has Dried Out, NASA Photos Show"For the first time in modern history, the eastern basin of the South Aral Sea has completely dried," NASA says, citing satellite photos from 2000 and […]
- Ban On Single-Use Plastic Bags Is Enacted In CaliforniaGov. Jerry Brown has signed SB 270, the first statewide ban on single-use plastic bags in the U.S. It requires a 10-cent fee for the use of compostable or paper […]
- Everything But The Squeal: How The Hog Industry Cuts Food Waste
- World wildlife populations 'plummet'The global loss of species is even worse than previously thought, with wildlife populations halving in just 40 years, a report says. […]
- Protest halts Nasa spaceflight plansNasa is facing a delay to work on two new commercial spacecraft after a formal protest about the contract award process. […]
- Panama opens biodiversity museumPanama inaugurates a museum designed by world-renowned architect Frank Gehry to celebrate one of the world's richest eco-systems. […]
- World wildlife populations 'plummet'
- MPCA requires industrial stormwater permit coverage for municipally-owned industrial activitiesContact: Anne Perry Moore, 218-302-6605 Deadline for municipally-owned industrial facilities to apply for 2015 permit coverage is October 5 Duluth, Minn. – A ne […]
- MPCA requests comments on water quality improvement report for Rice Creek watershedContact: Mary Connor, 651-757-2629 St. Paul, Minn.—The Minnesota Pollution Control Agency (MPCA) is seeking feedback on a draft water quality improvement report […]
- Dayton declares SepticSmart week: time to prevent Jack Frost from nipping at your septic systemContact: Dan Olson, 218-846-8108 St. Paul, Minn.— Minnesota Governor Mark Dayton has declared Sept. 22-28 SepticSmart week. According to the Minnesota Pollution […]
- MPCA to host public meeting Oct. 9 on state wastewater permit for Jordan Sands in Mankato areaContact: Cathy Rofshus, 507-206-2608 Rochester, Minn.--The Minnesota Pollution Control Agency (MPCA) invites the public to an informational meeting Oct. 9, 2014 […]
- MPCA requires industrial stormwater permit coverage for municipally-owned industrial activities