Check out the environmentally related events and conversations happening around the Hill and the world. Feeds from National Public Radio, the BBC and the Minnesota Pollution Control Agency are highlighted below.
- Why Are The Great Lakes On The Rise?Host Audie Cornish talks with Drew Gronewold, a hydrologist at the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration, about why water levels in lakes Superior, Mi […]
- Coping In A Drier World: California's Drought Survival StrategyThe dearth of water in this state is showing no signs of easing. Officials have introduced plans to revamp the water rationing and distribution systems until th […]
- Why California's Drought-Stressed Fruit May Be Better For YouIs California's severe drought hurting the nutrient content of fruit? No, preliminary data on pomegranates suggest. The fruit may be smaller, but packed wi […]
- Why Are The Great Lakes On The Rise?
- Autumnwatch returns to Leighton MossStags, starlings and more turn out for Autumnwatch […]
- Google boss sets new skydive recordGoogle executive Alan Eustace breaks the world altitude record for a parachute jump set two years ago by Felix Baumgartner. […]
- Baffling balletCan science explain the flocking habits of starlings? […]
- Autumnwatch returns to Leighton Moss
- MPCA seeks comments on restoration/protection, water quality reports for Mississippi River-St. Cloud WatershedContact: Stephen.Mikkelson, 218-316-3887 Brainerd, Minn. -- The Minnesota Pollution Control Agency (MPCA) is seeking comments on a watershed restoration and pro […]
- MPCA releases environmental assessment on improvements to Eagan wastewater infrastructureContact: Alexis Donath, 651-757-2312 St. Paul, Minn. – The Minnesota Pollution Control Agency (MPCA) invites the public to review and comment on an Environmenta […]
- Public meetings planned on water quality in St. Clair LakeContact: Dan Olson, 218-846-8108 Detroit Lakes, Minn.— The Minnesota Pollution Control Agency (MPCA) will host two meetings on Oct. 23 to share information abou […]
- Study lays out water protection needs in the Sunrise RiverContact: Mary Connor, 651-757-2629 St. Paul, Minn. — A new report by the Minnesota Pollution Control Agency (MPCA) and local groups in the Sunrise River watersh […]
- MPCA seeks comments on restoration/protection, water quality reports for Mississippi River-St. Cloud Watershed