Check out the environmentally related events and conversations happening around the Hill and the world. Feeds from National Public Radio, the BBC and the Minnesota Pollution Control Agency are highlighted below.
- Many Of Oregon's Coastal Schools, Hospitals And Fire Stations At Tsunami RiskThe buildings are in the tsunami zone, meaning they'd likely be washed away in the event of a massive earthquake and tsunami. Seismologists say there' […]
- U.S. Biologists Keen To Explore, Help Protect Cuba's Wild PlacesBirders especially know that Cuba harbors hundreds of rarely seen, little-studied species. As the island nation opens to more U.S. visitors, scientists hope […]
- Silly, Saucy, Scary: Photos Show The Many Faces Of Ugly FruitWonky produce can take on absurdly entertaining shapes. But one food activist says learning to love these crazy contours is key to stopping mounds of food waste […]
- Many Of Oregon's Coastal Schools, Hospitals And Fire Stations At Tsunami Risk
- Wheat present in UK 'for 8,000 years'Fragments of wheat DNA suggest wheat was present in Britain 8,000 years ago, long before it was grown by British farmers. […]
- Fungus plays 'biomusic' duetScientists at Plymouth University play improvised pieces of music with the help of slime mould. […]
- 'Exquisite' gravity probe leaves UKUK industry completes construction of the modules that make up the Lisa Pathfinder satellite - a remarkable probe that will test the key technologies needed to […]
- Wheat present in UK 'for 8,000 years'
- MPCA solicits comments on proposal to remove parts of 2 sites from state Superfund listContact: Sam Brungardt, 651-757-2249 St. Paul, Minn. — The Minnesota Pollution Control Agency (MPCA) wants to remove, or “delist,” parts of two brownfield sites […]
- MPCA opens grant for heavy-duty diesel upgrades; deadline 3/31/15Contact: Pam McCurdy, 651-757-2559 St. Paul, Minn. — The Minnesota Pollution Control Agency invites owners of 2006 and older heavy-duty diesel engines to apply […]
- United Taconite draft permit public meeting scheduledContact: Anne Perry Moore, 218-302-6605 Duluth, Minn. — On March 11, the Minnesota Pollution Control Agency (MPCA) will host a public information meeting and ta […]
- Despatch Industries penalized for air quality violationsContact: Taylor Holland, 651-757-2385 St. Paul, Minn. — The Minnesota Pollution Control Agency (MPCA) penalized Despatch Industries Limited Partnership, which o […]
- MPCA solicits comments on proposal to remove parts of 2 sites from state Superfund list