Check out the environmentally related events and conversations happening around the Hill and the world. Feeds from National Public Radio, the BBC and the Minnesota Pollution Control Agency are highlighted below.
- U.S. Promises To Cut Greenhouse Gas Emissions Up To 28 Percent By 2025The new target was submitted to the U.N. Framework Convention on Climate Change Tuesday. It is part of a plan for a new international treaty to be hammered out […]
- U.S. Announces Target To Reduce Greenhouse Gas EmissionsThe White House proposal will be submitted at the next big climate meeting in Paris this December. It marks the beginning of a worldwide plan for countries to c […]
- Minimal Sierra Nevada Snowpack Will Not Ease California's DroughtThe latest figures on the California drought are expected to be released on Wednesday. The state's snowpack, a major source of water for the rest of the ye […]
- U.S. Promises To Cut Greenhouse Gas Emissions Up To 28 Percent By 2025
- China building 'great wall of sand'The scale of China's land reclamation in the South China Sea is leading to "serious questions" on its intentions, a top US official says. […]
- EU milk quota system is abolishedEU milk quotas are scrapped, bringing an end to more than 30 years of efforts to prevent overproduction. […]
- Tech sites lead on April Fools gagsThe Force - the mysterious energy field used by the Jedi in Star Wars - has been discovered by researchers at the Cern laboratory in an April Fools prank. […]
- China building 'great wall of sand'
- Lack of permits a foul for sporting goods manufacturerContact: Cathy Rofshus, 507-206-2608 Rochester, Minn. — A sporting goods manufacturer in Caledonia in southeast Minnesota is working to secure the proper air em […]
- Media availability today: Proposed approach for protecting wild rice from excess sulfateContact: Dave Verhasselt, 651-757-2278 St. Paul, Minn. — The Minnesota Pollution Control Agency is holding a media availability session today at 3:30 p.m. on a […]
- MPCA releases draft recommendations for protecting wild rice from excess sulfateContact: Dave Verhasselt, 651-757-2278 St. Paul, Minn. — The Minnesota Pollution Control Agency is releasing its proposal for protecting wild rice from excess s […]
- Three northeast Minnesota water quality reports offer good news for outdoor enthusiastsContact: Anne Perry Moore, 218-302-6605 Duluth, Minn. — Great news for people seeking a spring-like northern wilderness experience: Water quality in two northea […]
- Lack of permits a foul for sporting goods manufacturer