The Faculty Governance Committee organizes and monitors faculty governance and represents the faculty to the administration and the Board of Regents. The committee normally meets on Wednesdays at 3:30 PM. Its responsibilities include:
- Making recommendations on faculty governance.
- Advising the administration on faculty meetings, college governance, and college planning.
- Reviewing and making recommendations to the faculty on changes to the Faculty Manual.
- Appointing faculty to the Regents-Faculty Conference Committee and to the offices of Secretary of the Faculty and Parliamentarian.
- Overseeing at-large and Faculty membership on faculty committees, nominating candidates for committee elections, and coordinating elections.
- Selecting hearing committees in cases of faculty dismissal proceedings.