Pi Delta Phi – National French Honorary
Kappa Chi Chapter – Established 1991
The purpose of Pi Delta Phi is:
- to recognize outstanding scholarship in the French language and its literatures;
- to increase the knowledge and appreciation of Americans for the cultural contributions of the French-speaking world;
- to stimulate and encourage French and francophone cultural activities.
Regular and associate members may vote, hold office in the chapter, and represent their chapter at official meetings of the Society. All members may attend national functions.
Pi Delta Phi also offers scholarships to outstanding students. St. Olaf members are eligible to apply for:
- Full tuition summer session scholarship awarded by: The American University of Paris, France
- Full tuition summer scholarship to Avignon awarded by: The Institute ofAmerican Universities
- Full tuition scholarship partially funded by the National Dean’s List with Pi Delta Phi
The above are accompanied by a Pi Delta Phi Travel Grant covering transportation and some living expenses.
- Successful completion of two 250 level courses or above
- 3.2 GPA in French
- 3.0 GPA overall
Initiation is usually held in early April.
For more information, contact moderator Professor Jolene Barjasteh (email@example.com).