The St. Olaf Fund — the college’s annual giving program — supports the daily, ongoing operations of the college. Annual gifts underwrite St. Olaf’s current priorities and give the college flexibility to meet immediate needs throughout the year and take advantage of new opportunities as they arise.
Fuel Your Passion
Unrestricted gifts to the St. Olaf Fund are a key component in enhancing an outstanding liberal arts education and meeting unforeseen needs. However, annual gifts may be directed to enrich particular initiatives. If you feel called to support a particular area or activity of the college, we invite you to designate your gift to one of the following:
- Academic Programs — Provides resources for student-faculty research and programming, in addition to attracting and retaining the most talented, dedicated teachers possible.
- Financial Aid — Ensures that St. Olaf can continue meeting the demonstrated financial need of all admitted students, regardless of their economic background or financial resources.
- Athletics — Cover expenses on and off the field and maintain the St. Olaf tradition of strong scholar-athlete programs.
- Libraries and Technology — Educational excellence requires that the most current information and technological resources are available to every St. Olaf student
- Campus Enhancement — Ensures that the Hill and surrounding natural lands are impeccably maintained and environmentally sustainable.
Every gift matters
Regardless of size, every gift is important and makes a difference to current and future Oles. Your gift is a statement of support for the St. Olaf mission and the continued financial health of the college. Each gift enhances the St. Olaf experience — a distinctive education grounded in academic rigor, residential learning, global engagement, and a vibrant Lutheran tradition.
You Make it Happen
Volunteers are the heart and soul of the annual giving program, and the college relies on its current students, parents, and alumni to help reach its fundraising goals each year. In 2010, a group of dedicated alumni formed the St. Olaf Fund Board. Working in concert with more than 600 volunteers, the board works to continually enhance the St. Olaf culture of giving and stewardship.