Loyalty Society Honors Mission-Critical Donors

Last year, more than 6,075 St. Olaf alumni, parents, and friends demonstrated their loyalty by renewing their gifts to the St. Olaf Fund for a third consecutive year or more. Consistent, regular giving, no matter what the amount, is essential to sustaining St. Olaf College and its mission. The Loyalty Society was recently created to recognize those with three or more consecutive years of participation as St. Olaf Fund donors.

"Students are educated every year, faculty teach every year, financial aid is needed every year, so I know it's important for me to contribute to the St. Olaf Fund every year." — Camilla Madson '72, Chair, St. Olaf Fund Board

Benefits of Membership

In addition to the continued thanks from a grateful campus community and student population, your membership in the Loyalty Society affords you the following benefits:

• Special recognition in the Donor Honor Roll
  • Higher priority for Christmas Festival ticketing
  • Loyalty Society lapel pin
  • Acknowledgement when a “milestone” year is reached: 5 years, 10 years, 15 years, etc.
  • Special recognition event at 25+ years

Loyalty Society FAQ

How do I renew my membership?
Your membership continues automatically as long as you make an annual gift to the St. Olaf Fund.

What is the timeline for counting gifts?
Gifts will be counted within each fiscal year, which runs from June 1 through May 31.

What happens if I miss giving in a certain year?
Members have the opportunity to rejoin the Loyalty Society through “buying back” giving in the years that were missed, and resuming annual giving.

Is every gift to the St. Olaf counted for the Loyalty Society?
Because the Loyalty Society recognizes the importance of annual support for the annual fund, only gifts to the St. Olaf Fund are included as criteria for membership.

How can I make sure I don’t miss giving every year?
You can give online by making one-time gift, or setting up a monthly giving plan using a credit card, or a checking or savings account.

For more information, contact the Office of Stewardship at 507-786-3329 or stewardship@stolaf.edu.