The Manitou Heights Society recognizes and honors the alumni, parents, and friends who have made planned gifts to St. Olaf College.
The college on the Hill, forever
Like St. Olaf’s 143 years of consecutive operation and the innumerable limestone bricks amassed on its campus, membership in the Manitou Heights Society conveys a similar sense of permanence. Donors who include St. Olaf in their estate plans leave a lasting legacy with their generous gifts and ensure the college’s enduring impact on future generations.
Over 1,500 living alumni, parents, faculty, staff and friends of the college are members of the Manitou Heights Society.
How to join the Manitou Heights Society
You will become a member by making one or more planned gifts to St. Olaf. The most common planned gifts are listed below:
- Naming the college in your will or revocable trust
- Establishing a charitable gift annuity
- Establishing a deferred charitable gift annuity
- Establishing a flexible deferred charitable gift annuity
- Establishing a charitable remainder trust
- Naming the college as a beneficiary of your retirement plan
- Naming the college as a beneficiary on your life insurance policy
- Transferring ownership of a life insurance policy to St. Olaf
In addition to consultation with your family and/or a financial or legal advisor, a qualified team of development officers are ready to discuss your options with you. Contact us to begin or complete the charitable gift and estate planning process. Or, request more information and have a planned giving kit sent to your home. We look forward to speaking with you soon.
Is St. Olaf already included in your estate plans?
Sharing the details of your gift with us is beneficial to you, St. Olaf, and future donors. Plus, it’s entirely confidential. Learn how to share your intent.