Class Fund Agents and Reunion Gift Volunteers
St. Olaf Fund volunteers serve as a part of a class fundraising team, sharing the responsibility of keeping in touch with fellow classmates and asking them to support the college through a gift to the St. Olaf Fund.
They act as “stewards” of a core group of 10-15 people a year. The purpose is to have those personal connections be the foundation of a successful class gift.
This model works because it puts the ownership of the annual giving program in volunteers’ hands. Oles asking Oles to give gifts to Oles. The college will still send out direct mail and support volunteer efforts. But, the St. Olaf Fund will continue to improve only if it is carried out by the determined work of volunteers.
- Attend the Volunteer Summit on the Hill.
- Help recruit additional volunteers (many hands make light work!)
- Make an early financial commitment to the St. Olaf Fund.
- Assist in writing/editing the fall and spring solicitation letters.
- Contact 10-15 classmates via phone, email, or mail to encourage participation in the St. Olaf Fund.
- Maintain regular communication with annual giving staff by reporting solicitation results and passing along biographical information that may be of interest to the college such as changes in address, employment, or marital status, etc.
- Thank assigned classmates for their time, regardless if a gift was given or not.
- Volunteer today!
Alumni volunteers help ensure the long-term health of the college. Take this chance to get involved and make the St. Olaf experience possible for current and future Oles.
To get started, email email@example.com or call 800-733-6523.