Latin American/Latino Studies Concentration Contract
Year Entered St. Olaf: ____________ Expected Year of Graduation: ___________
When you have decided to pursue a concentration in Latin American/Latino Studies, please meet with the Director to develop a plan of study. This contract should be completed and submitted to the Director by the end of the your sophomore year.
|Category||Course||Semester to be taken||Completed|
|Hispanic Studies||Hispanic Studies 333 (note that this course is offered only inalternate years)|
|Interdisciplinary Paper||(See below)|
Four approved courses dealing with Latin America, Spain, or U.S. Latinos.
Are you planning to participate (or have you participated) in an off-campus program related to your concentration? ___________
What program? ______________________________________________________
What semester do you plan to participate (or have participated)?__________________
|Which courses would you like to count toward the concentration?|
|(1) __________________||(2) __________________|
What is your topic? ___________________________________________________
|Who are your supervising faculty?||(1) _____________________________|
To keep in mind:
- Five courses are required for the concentration.
- Only one course may be independent study or independent research
- A maximum of two courses may be accepted from approved study abroad programs.
- No more than two of the five elective courses may be from a single discipline.
- Either Sociology 244 or ARMS 121 may be included in the concentration, but not both.
Revised 24 February 2000