Applying for Semester and Academic Year Programs
1. Browse Programs at http://stolaf.studioabroad.com/
2. Attend the IOS Open House on November 4, 2015 from 4:30-6:30 in the black and gold ballrooms.
3. Meet with Helene MacCallum, the IOS coordinator of advising, for questions about selecting a program, general education credits, and financing off-campus study.
4. Talk to the faculty program adviser to learn more about specific programs of interest
5. If applicable, attend Interest Meetings for selected study abroad programs.
Complete the IOS Application
1. Program-specific applications will be available on-line beginning November 5, 2015.
2. Go to: stolaf.studioabroad.com
3. Search for and select the program(s) to which you wish to apply and click the “Apply Now” button.
All pieces of the on-line application must be completed by the deadlines listed below.
Dec 21: ACM Japan Studies
Feb 1: Centre for Medieval and Renaissance Studies (Sem. I or Year)
ACM Urban Education, Oslo Summer School, Trinity College Dublin
Feb 15: Milan Year, ACM Oak Ridge Science Semester, ACM London/ Florence
February 29: All other Semester I, Semester II or full-year programs
Selection of Participants
Semester/Year-Long Programs: On Decision Day, March 17, 2016, you will be notified via email that there has been a change in your application’s status and direct you to login to your applicant homepage within StudioAbroad. There you will be able to view the decision letter and next steps if accepted. Many semester and year programs require a secondary application to the university or program after you are accepted by St. Olaf.
Complete the Secondary Application
The secondary application is an application directly to your program host or overseas university. The IOS application is St. Olaf’s approval for you to study off-campus and a faculty assessment that you are qualified for your selected program. The secondary application determines if you are accepted by your host.
1. Your IOS decision letter will inform you if have a secondary application to complete. Deadlines and process for these applications vary by program.
2. Contact Jodi Lynn Moen in IOS for assistance with your secondary application. She will provide a paper application or online link to your secondary application. She will remind you of the upcoming deadline, but it is your responsibility to complete this application, if required.
3. Treat the secondary application deadline and process as seriously as you did your IOS application. If you do not complete the secondary application, you will not study off-campus. Fall semester participants will typically do this secondary application during the summer. Stay connected to your St. Olaf email throughout the summer.
Applying for Off-Campus Interim Programs
Attend the Off-Campus Interim Open House on April 6, 2016 4:30-6:30 pm, Buntrock Commons Ballrooms (3rd floor).
1. Program-specific applications will be available on-line beginning April 7, 2016.
2. Go to: stolaf.studioabroad.com
3. Select the program(s) to which you wish to apply and click the “Apply Now” button.
All pieces of the on-line application must be completed by May 2, 2016.
4. Students will be notified on May 18, 2016 with the decision of the selection committee. Applicants will be notified via email that there has been a change in application’s status and direct you to login to your applicant homepage within StudioAbroad. There you will be able to view the decision letter and next steps if accepted.
Applications will continue to be accepted for programs with space available after the spring deadline. In those cases, students will be notified within 2-3 weeks of completion of the application. Final application deadline is October 1.
Off-campus Interims are open to sophomores, juniors and seniors in good academic standing. Some Interims are open to first-year students.
If you are approved to participate on an off-campus program, International & Off-Campus Studies will officially register you in SIS for your program. Please note that we cannot register you for an off-campus program if there are any holds on your account or if your secondary application is incomplete. This applies to semester, year and interim programs.
Stay connected to your St. Olaf email throughout the process of applying for and preparing for your off-campus program, even during breaks and summer. This is how IOS communicates important details and deadlines.