Interim Program Information for January 2015
Some Interim programs for January 2015 still have space available. More detailed course descriptions can be found at http://stolaf.studioabroad.com/
- Click on “Search and Apply for Programs”
- Click on the black tab “Open Interims”
- View the list of 13 featured Interim programs. Each program has a brief description.
- Click the blue title of a program you are interested in to go to the detailed program page.The left-hand column on that page provides important additional information about St. Olaf policies and procedures. Please read that carefully.
- Click “Apply Now” at the bottom of the screen.
Interim Application Procedures
Step by Step Instructions:
Follow these steps to complete an Application
- Complete Application Questionnaires for each of the programs to which you are applying.
- Request approval signature electronically from your academic advisor.
- Request signature electronically from the Interim Instructor.
- Pay a $100 Application Fee
- Complete the required signature documents.
Note: If you are not accepted to the program, your $100 application fee will be refunded.
April 28: Spring deadline to apply for 2015 Interim Programs
Selection decisions will be announced May 15 for students who apply by April 28.
Applications received after April 28 deadline: Applications received after April 28 will be processed on a rolling basis on a space-available basis. Selection decisions will be announced approximately two weeks after application is submitted.
Final application deadline: October 1, 2014
Acceptance to an off-campus interim results in official registration as well. Accepted students need not go through the Interim registration process. For further information see the section on interim courses under Selection of Participants in the lefthand column of
A number of courses are open to first-year students (i.e., students enrolling in September 2014). Look for specific designations with course description.
Non-St. Olaf students may apply for Interims. For more information, see the section about Interims under Important Information about Studying Abroad in the left column of the main program search page: http://stolaf.studioabroad.com/
Direct Enroll Programs
A few Interim programs are offered by another institution or organization. These courses have been approved by the St. Olaf curriculum committee but are not taught by St. Olaf faculty These courses will count for a full St. Olaf Interim credit; they will fulfill major and general education credits as noted; they will appear on your transcript with a grade listed. But, since they are not taught by a St. Olaf faculty member, the grade received will not be computed into the St. Olaf GPA.
Program costs listed in the section labeled Program Costs and Financial Information in the lefthand column of http://stolaf.studioabroad.com/
Documents Required for International Interims
For information about passports, visas, recommended innoculations or travel insurance see the section entitled Pre-Departure resources in the lefthand column of