2013-14 Off-Campus Study Participation Statistics
- 786 unique St. Olaf students participated in a total of 810 off-campus experiences. 24 students participated in two programs during the year
- International Independent Study (I/S), Independent Research (I/R), and Academic Internship participants are included as noted
- 810 is a decrease of 4% from the 844 participants in 2012-13. Short term participation rose from 589 to 622 students, but semester programs fell from 255 to 188
- Semester participants made up 23% of the total, with Interim and Summer participants comprising nearly 77%
- Domestic participants made up approximately 10% of the total, with 90% of students choosing international experiences
Class of 2014 Off-Campus Participation
Of the 785 seniors, 586 (or 73.4%) participated in at least one off-campus study program. Of those students, 205 participated in 2, 3 or 4 off-campus experiences.
Open Doors 2014 (based on 2012-13 participation)
The 2014 Institute of International Education Open Doors Report published in November 2014 ranked St. Olaf #1 among baccalaureate institutions for total number of study abroad students with 739. Note that the Open Doors Report excludes international student participants and participants in domestic off-campus study programs, so total participation as measured by IIE is lower.