2014-15 Off-Campus Study Participation Statistics
- 801 unique St. Olaf students participated in a total of 822 off-campus experiences. 21 students participated in two programs during the year. Additional students sought off-campus transfer credit experiences
- International Independent Study (I/S), Independent Research (I/R), and Academic Internship participants are included as noted, even though these students do not study off-campus through the IOS office. These students receive IOS orientation.
- 822 is an increase of 1.5% from the 810 participants in 2013-14.
- Semester participants made up 24.5% of the total, with Interim and Summer participants comprising nearly 75.5%
- Domestic participants made up approximately 14.5% of the total, with 85.5% of students choosing international experiences
Class of 2015 Off-Campus Participation
Of the 672 seniors, 466 (or 69.3%) participated in at least one off-campus study program. Of those students, 182 (or 27%) participated in 2, 3 or 4 off-campus experiences. This is a decrease from 73.4% of the class of 2014.
- Domestic off-campus programs = 96 students, 14.2% participation
- International off-campus programs = 429 students, 63.8% participation
Open Doors 2015 (based on 2013-14 participation)
The 2015 Institute of International Education Open Doors Report published in November 2015 ranked St. Olaf #1 among baccalaureate institutions (for the 7th year in a row) for total number of study abroad students with 684 participants. Note that the Open Doors Report excludes international student participants and participants in domestic off-campus study programs, so total participation as measured by IIE is lower.