Public Computer Locations
General computing labs are located in the following locations:
* Scanners are available for use in the Rolvaag 329/330 labs. Computers attached to scanners also have Adobe Photoshop Elements installed for image editing and manipulation.
Residence Halls and Honor/Language Houses
Every residence hall has one or more computing rooms with computers that will boot into either Windows or MacOS. Each Honor/Language House has a computer.
All St. Olaf computers in general and residential labs have the following software:
- MacOS 10.X or Windows 7 as the operating system of the computer
- Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, and Access (Windows-only)) for word processing, spreadsheet creation/analysis, electronic presentations, and database management
- Foreign language support is installed which allows for different language input and viewing within various applications
- Firefox and Chrome for Web browsing and e-mail access when using gmail.stolaf.edu
- EndNote for bibliography management
- CD/DVD-burning software for document backups
- VLC Media Player
- iLife (iMovie, iPhoto, GarageBand, iDVD, and iWeb) on MacOS
Departmental and some public labs may have more specialized software installed depending on who is the primary user-group of the lab and its proximity to a specific department. For instance, several economics packages are installed in the lab in Holland Hall 205 and Dreamweaver and Photoshop Elements is installed in the labs in Rolvaag Library 329/330.