Follow these instructions to connect a Windows 7 computer to the St. Olaf wireless network.
1. Click on the wireless network icon in the system tray (lower right corner of the screen).
2. Click Change advanced settings.
3. Click on the Wireless Networks tab.
4. Click Add…
5. On the Association tab, set the following information for the wireless network:
- Network name (SSID): “St. Olaf”
- Network Authentication: “WPA2″
- Data Encryption: “AES”
6. Click on the Authenticaion tab.
7. Set the EAP type to “Protected EAP (PEAP)”.
8. Uncheck Authenticate as computer when computer information is available.
9. Click Properties.
10. Uncheck Validate server certificate.
11. Click Configure…
12. Uncheck Automatically use my Windows logon name and password (and domain if any).
13. Click on the Connection tab.
14. Check Connect when this network is in range. Click OK.
15. Click View Wireless Networks.
16. Click St. Olaf and then click Connect.
17. Enter your username and password and click OK.
18. You will be connected to the St. Olaf wireless network.