Teaching and Learning Centers
- Center for Innovation in the Liberal Arts, St. Olaf College
The Center for Innovation in the Liberal Arts seeks to provide time and space for conversations and collaboration among faculty about learning, teaching and scholarship
- Center for Teaching and Learning, University of Texas at Austin
The Center for Teaching and Learning works closely with colleges, departments, students, and individual faculty to support strategic initiatives that advance educational excellence.
Links: Team-Based Learning / Critical thinking in the College Classroom / Teaching Large Classes
- Center for Teaching and Learning, Vanderbilt University
The Center for Teaching is committed to excellence in teaching and learning, promoting teaching and learning as ongoing and collaborative processes of inquiry, experimentation, and reflection.
Links: Teaching Guides / Technology and Teaching / Podcasts / Events
- Eberly Center for Teaching and Learning, Carnegie Mellon University
The Eberly Center for Teaching and Learning distills the research on learning for faculty and graduate students and collaborates with them to design and implement meaningful educational experiences.
Links: Learning Principles / Teaching Principles / Designing a Course / Teaching a Course
- Perlman Center for Learning and Teaching, Carleton College
The Perlman Center for Learning and Teaching (the LTC) coordinates programs for new and experienced faculty, circulates new information about teaching theories and strategies, and helps to identify problems and suggest solutions for classroom practice.
Teaching and Learning Organizations
- Association of American Colleges and Universities (AACU)
Links: Liberal Education and America’s Promise (LEAP) / LEAP Learning Outcomes / LEAP Principles / LEAP Practices
Teaching and Learning Journals
- Journal of the Scholarship of Teaching and Learning
The Journal of the Scholarship of Teaching and Learning is a peer-reviewed journal from Indiana University that publishes articles about effective practices in teaching and learning.
- Liberal Education
Liberal Education is a journal from AACU that addresses teaching and learning, leadership, faculty innovation, and institutional change in the service of improving undergraduate education.
Pedagogical Principles and Practices
- Process-Oriented, Guided Inquiry Learning (POGIL)
- “Seven Principles for Good Practice in Undergraduate Education” (web, Pickering and Gamson, 1987)
- Teaching Tips (web, University of Hawaii at Honolulu)
- Teaching Handbook (web, Indiana University)
- Team-Based Learning: Team-Based Learning Collaborative
Practical Teaching Resources
- Creating/Revising a Syllabus
“On Syllabi and Course Design,” Natalie Houston, Profhacker
“11 Fast Syllabus Hacks,” Jason B. Jones, Profhacker
“Creating Accessible Documents,” George Williams, Profhacker
“Syllabus: Extreme Makeover,” Natalie Houston, Profhacker
“Fixing a Syllabus,” Jason B. Jones, Profhacker