To register a game console, you will need the MAC (Media Access Card) address of your game console. Check the instructions below for finding the address of your particular game console.
Once you have your MAC address for the game console, you can register your game console.
Finding your Media Access Card (MAC) Address:
- Turn on your Xbox console with no game disc in the disc tray.
- From the Xbox Dashboard, choose Xbox Live.
- From the Connect Status screen, select Settings.
- In the lower right corner of the screen will be a combination of 12 numbers and letters. Write this down as you will need this to complete the registration form.
Xbox 360 console:
- Go to the System area of the Xbox Dashboard and select Network Settings.
- Select Edit Settings.
- From Additional Settings, select Advanced Settings.
- At the bottom of this screen you’ll see a heading called Wired MAC Address. Write down the 12-digit sequence listed as you will need it to complete the registration form.
- Remove the GameCube’s broadband adapter from the console.
- Printed on the underside of the adaptor is a MAC address. Write it down as you’ll need it to complete the registration form.
- Put the adapter back into the console.
- Load the Start-up CD in your PS2.
- Make sure you have the network cable disconnected.
- Walk through the Start-Up CD until it starts testing your connection. Since you disconnected the network cable the test will fail.
- You can now press the select button which will display the MAC address.
- Write down the 12-digit number and use it to complete the registration form.
- Power up the PlayStation 3 without any disc in the disc drive.
- Once the PlayStation 3 operating system has loaded, select “Settings.”
- Once you are in “Settings” select “Network Settings.”
- When the “Network Settings” list appears, select the first option which is titled “Settings and Connection Status List.”
- Write down the “MAC Address.” It will be alphanumeric and have the format xx-xx-xx-xx-xx-xx. Write down the address and use it to complete the registration form.
- From the Wii Channel menu, select “Wii Settings” (the round button on the bottom-left of the screen with “Wii” on it).
- Select “Internet,” then “Console Settings.”
- The MAC address of the Wii console is displayed on the first line.
- Write down the address and use it to complete the registration form.
Please keep in mind that the Wii can only connect to the Internet via wireless at this time. You will needs to enter the word “STOWLAN” in the SSID field. If you do not have a strong signal to the wireless network in your room, you may not be able to access the Internet with your Wii.