What is WordPress?
WordPress is an open-source content management system that can be used to create websites, blogs, or a combination of the two. Many institutions host their own WordPress sites, but there are also independent online hosting services available at WordPress.com and WPengine.com.
How is WordPress used at St. Olaf?
At St. Olaf we have two installations of WordPress, the first for official college sites and the second for course sites, research projects, event pages, and personal sites for students, faculty, and staff. These pages focuses on the use of WordPress for official college sites.
- Web Address: http://wp.stolaf.edu/
- Login Page: http://wp.stolaf.edu/wp-admin (Log in with your St. Olaf username and password)
- Examples: St. Olaf Homepage / Academic Department / Administrative Department
How can I get help with WordPress for Official College Sites?
- Request Access: If you need to edit an official college website, contact Dan Beach (beach).
- Support Options:
Individual consultations with David Gonnerman, Associate Director of Marketing and Communications for Digital Media
IT Open Lab: Mon.-Thurs., 3:00-5:00 p.m., RML 250 (during the school year)
IT Workshops: Register in LEARN
- WordPress Support Staff:
Dan Beach, Webmaster (ext. 3289 / beach)
David Gonnerman, Associate Director of Marketing and Communications for Digital Media (ext. 3315 / gonnermd)
Ben Gottfried, Assistant Director of Instructional Technology (ext. 3613 / bdg)
How can I learn to use WordPress for Official College Pages?
- How-To Guide: WordPress for Official College Pages