St. Olaf College

F-1 Visa


The F-1 Visa is a type of student visa that enables foreign students to study in the United States to attend university or college, high school, private elementary school, seminary, conservatory, other academic institutions or programs, and language training programs at a SEVP approved institution.

Scholars researching at the Hong Kierkegaard Library would not typically pursue a F-1 visa. However, if an international scholar is already enrolled in an American school in the US on an F-1 visa, it may be possible to use for short-term study at the Library. It is important to check with the current school of enrollment for details.

Specific details on F-1 visas can be found at this website.

Every effort has been made to update the information above, but keep in mind that State Department policies are subject to change without notice.