St. Olaf College

H-1B Visa


You may be eligible for an H-1B visa if you are planning to work for the business you start in the United States in an occupation that normally requires a bachelor’s degree or higher in a related field of study (e.g., engineers, scientists or mathematicians), and you have at least a bachelor’s degree or equivalent in a field related to the position.

Kierkegaard Library scholars would not typically pursue a H1-B visa as they are here for research and study, not employment.

Additional, more specific information on the requirements can be found on this website, and information on the process itself can be found on the official USCIS website.

Every effort has been made to update the information above, but keep in mind that State Department policies are subject to change without notice.