Expectations of the Diversity Awareness (DA) House Residents
- Develop a project with attainable goals and work together to accomplish these goals.
- Each house member must take equal responsibility for accomplishing the project goals.
- Have and attend weekly house meetings.
- Prepare a monthly calendar of project events and submit this calendar to the Director of Multicultural Affairs (MCA).
- Participate in recruitment and informational opportunities when appropriate. (Parents Weekend, Volunteer Services Fair, Activities Extravaganza, etc.)
- Provide information to the MCA Director concerning number of participants, monthly programs, program finances and project concerns.
- Complete bi-monthly house reports and program reports.
- Participate in DA House evaluation process each semester.
- Be a responsible neighbor.
- Leave your house in a condition equal to or better than it was when you arrived.
- Abide by St. Olaf Policies as stated in the Student Handbook section of The Book.
By turning in an application all residents listed above are:
- Aware of the traditions of the St. Olaf Honor House Program.
- Understand the Honor House philosophy.
- Will without exception abide by the campus life regulations as stated in the Code of Conduct.
Furthermore, residents understand that any violation of campus life policy may result in disciplinary action. Consequences of a policy violation may include:
- Fines, for any or all members of the Diversity Awareness House involved in the infraction, and/or;
- Reassignment of housing to residence halls or loss of housing privileges on the St. Olaf campus to any or all members of the Diversity Awareness House involved in the infraction.
Residents will be held accountable for any and all damages resulting to the house during an assignment to the Diversity Awareness House.
- Complete and submit the Diversity Awareness House Application
- Set up an interview with the Multicultural Affairs office firstname.lastname@example.org or 507-786-3060
- Bring the additional documentation completed to the interview
- Additional Documentation: Monthly Plan of Events
If you are interested in being a part of the Diversity Awareness House submit completed applications to Multicultural Affairs by Wednesday, March 13, 2013.
Diversity Awareness House Application 2013-2014 Academic Year Application