St. Olaf’s Class of 2013 includes 65 mathematics majors, 25 statistics concentrators, and 13 computer science majors.
We foster an inclusive community of students and faculty centered around mathematics, statistics, and computer science; their characteristic modes of thought, reasoning, and problem-solving; their beauty, power, and enjoyment; and their importance among the liberal arts. To this end, we strive to:
- cultivate a “big tent” philosophy, welcoming students with a broad range of interests, backgrounds, experiences, and aspirations
- develop and support leadership and innovation in teaching, learning, and scholarship
- build forward-looking interactions among our distinct but connected disciplines
- provide rigorous and stimulating academic and intellectual experiences for students and faculty
- engage with larger academic and intellectual communities