Please read these instructions before beginning the online application!
This application is for students who wish to apply for one (or more) of the following for Fall, 2014:
- Admission to the Bachelor of Arts program in Music
- Admission to the Bachelor of Music program
- Music Scholarships
The music application deadline is December 15, 2013.
When you begin the online music application, please use the same email address which you used/will use for the Common Application.
The email address is what links the two applications.
The online music application will require the following items:
- completion of the online music application
- audition recordings –uploaded
Video: .avi, .flv, .m1v, .m2v, .m4v, .mkv, .mov, .mpeg, .mpg, .mp4, .wmv
Audio: .aac, .aif, .aiff, .iff, .fla, .m4a, .mpa, .mp3, .ra, .wav, .wma
- music résumé – uploaded
Document (résumé, scores): .doc, .docx, .odg, .odp, .odt, .pdf, .ppt, .pptx, .rtf, .wpd
- music recommendation – submitted electronically or via US mail
- photo (optional) – uploaded
If you’d like to see what questions are on the application, you may look at a copy here. Do NOT submit this paper form of the application, it must be completed electronically.
- After you begin the online music application, you may save/exit as many times as you wish before submitting the application. Once you click “submit” you may not make any changes to the application.
- We recommend you complete the Music Recommendation request for your teacher RIGHT AWAY. This recommendation request goes out immediately (it does not wait for you to submit the whole application) and will give your teacher time to write and submit the recommendation while you are preparing other parts of the music application
NOTE: In addition to the Music Admission/Scholarship application, applicants must also complete the St. Olaf College Application for Admission (via the Common Application) by January 1, 2014 if possible, but no later than January 15, 2014. Students who do not complete the college application process will not be considered for any merit scholarships or admission to the music major.
For audition repertoire requirements, refer to links on the left.
For questions about the music application process, you may contact
Mary Hakes, Music Admissions Coordinator
Ready to begin? click here.