The Finstad Entrepreneurial Grant program awards grants to full-time St. Olaf students or teams that develop the best business plan for a for-profit venture. Students work with the Associate Director for Entrepreneurship to develop a business plan and then pitch their project to a committee for consideration. Grant recipients must continue to work closely with the Finstad entrepreneurial staff to implement and grow their business. The Grant program awards grants up to $3,000 to individuals or teams to launch sustainable enterprises that create commercial, artistic, social and/or scientific value.
Students are selected to pitch their idea to a committee made up of a mix of faculty, administrators, community members, and peers. See Finstad Entrepreneurial Pitch Guidelines for more information. After reviewing the application, business plan, financials, and the pitch, this committee will select those students that will receive a grant and decide the grant amount. If you are interested in what types of projects St. Olaf sponsors, take a look at our past recipients.
Fall and Spring of each academic year (NO SPRING 2015 GRANT)
Email Roberto Zayas (firstname.lastname@example.org) to be added to the entrepreneurship alias.
- Complete a company description that includes:
- Ownership and legal status
- Identify products or services
- Explain funding
- Meet with Roberto Zayas, Associate Director of Entrepreneurship to discuss business planning and feasibility. To request a meeting with Roberto, please login to Ole Career Central. On the right hand side under shortcuts, click on “Request a Coaching Appointment”. For the topic, select “Business Plan Review”.
- After meeting with Roberto, all grant applicants must submit:
- When preparing your pitch, use this tutorial on presentation fundamentals.
Fall Applications due by October 10th, 2014
Entrepreneurial Grant Past Recipients – A list of past recipients, their projects, and majors of study beginning with the 2013 – ’14 academic year.
If you have any questions, please contact Roberto Zayas at email@example.com or stop by the Piper Center in Tomson 270.