Useful resources to help with the job search
Don’t forget to check out our Job Search Tool Form Guide.
Search engines and postings:
- Ole Career Central – internship and job postings for Oles
- On-Campus Recruiting — employers recruit St. Olaf interns and full-time employees
- Internships & Jobs by Interest Area – listings of search engines categorized by industry
- LinkUp Job Search Engine — Search for job openings direct from local company websites
- Local internship opportunities — in and around Northfield
- Professional Association Websites
- Minnesota Internship & Job Resources — links to other MN private colleges’ career center websites
- Federal Jobs & Internships – information on opportunities with the federal government, including postings, application tips, and jobs by major/interest area
- Resources For Specific Populations – search engines and resources for ethnically diverse students as well as women, GLBT, students with disabilities and international students
- Internships – Specific Databases – includes search engines for both domestic and international internships
- Summer Job Links – links to on-campus summer employment, other summer jobs in MN, and opportunities with national and international summer camps
- JustJobs — is a job search engine that finds job listings from company career pages, other job boards, newspapers and associations.
- General Megasites — CollegeRecruiter.com, Monster, HotJobs, etc.
- Individual organization websites — check for links titled “employment opportunities, “job openings”, “careers”, or “human resources”
- City newspaper classifieds online
- Other colleges’ career center websites in your preferred location
- Other positions by interest area links — search Yahoo or Google by typing in “Internships/Jobs in… (interest area)”
- Contact local community and government organizations to learn more about these work environments and potential opportunities.
- Alumni (Online Alumni Directory — search by occupational area, city, major – conduct informational interviews with alumni of interest)
- Search site directories by major — lists organizations Oles have interned with in the past
- Staffing agencies (temp agencies, headhunters) – e.g. GradStaff in the Twin Cities area; Search the directory at the American Staffing Association for more
An email alias has been established to facilitate the promotion of music gig opportunities to the St. Olaf Community. Interested students, alumni, faculty, or staff are able to join the email alias.
To join or be removed from the email alias, please complete the request form HERE.
Un-Posted (Hidden) Jobs:
If you want advice on searching for un-posted or hidden jobs, click here.