Quo Vadis is a unique opportunity for St. Olaf sophomores to step away from campus to reflect on where you have been, who you are, and where you are going within a supportive community of fellow students, staff, faculty and alumni
April 10-11, 2015 (departing at 3:15pm on 4/10 and returning by 8:00pm on 4/11)
YMCA Camp Ihduhapi near Loretto, MN.
Register for the Quo Vadis Sophomore Retreat (Spring 2015)
*This link will remain on this page as long as there are open spots for the retreat.
What is the Quo Vadis Retreat?
Quo Vadis means “where are you going?” The annual Quo Vadis Retreat offers St. Olaf sophomores a unique opportunity to step away from campus to reflect on where you have been, who you are, and where you are going within a supportive community. It’s fun, completely free and includes the following components:
- Short talks from student leaders, staff and faculty
- Small group conversation facilitated by student leaders
- Young alumni panel and lunch conversation
- Time to strengthen connections with other students and reflect on your own life
Why Should I Attend?
A chance for you to explore…
- your reflections on the first two years of college
- the values, relationships, issues and interests that are important to you
- your sense of purpose or vocation and where you are going with your life
A chance for you to meaningfully connect with…
- fellow sophomores
- juniors and seniors serving as student leaders
- faculty and staff members
- young alumni
A chance for you to learn about…
- how to become a more reflective student
- how to make decisions that align with your values and interests
- how to make the most of your last two years at St. Olaf and beyond
A chance to take away…
- insights into your values, interests and goals
- a stronger sense of purpose
- a foundation of knowledge and resources for future vocational and career exploration
- Information Session: Tuesday, February 17th, 6:30- 7:00pm, BC 142
- Retreat Dates: April 10-11, 2015. Retreats start on Friday at 3:10pm (board the bus) and end on Saturday at approximately 8:00pm (bus arrival at St. Olaf).
- Lodging will be provided in heated camper cabins (10 bunks/cabin) at Camp Ihduhapi in Loretto, MN. Transportation will be provided in charter buses.
- Cost: Free – Funded by the Piper Center
What if I Can Not Attend Either Retreat?
The Quo Vadis Retreat is not the only opportunity for sophomores to explore these topics. Piper Center staff are eager to help all students reflect on their values, interests and skills; discern their vocations and explore career options. If you would like to meet with a staff member, please log in to Ole Career Central and “request a coaching appointment.”
Questions? Contact Nate Jacobi, Associate Director, Service and Leadership in the Piper Center (email@example.com)