November 8-9, 2013 at YMCA Camp Ihduhapi – Loretto, MN
Information Session: Thursday, September 19th from 11:30am- 12:15pm
Participation limited to the first 75 sophomores to register. For more Information, see retreat details.
**Registration now closed
What is the Quo Vadis Retreat?
Quo Vadis means “where are you going?” The annual Quo Vadis Retreat offers St. Olaf sophomores a unique opportunity to step away from campus to reflect on where you have been, who you are, and where you are going within a supportive community. It will include short talks from student leaders, staff and faculty; small group conversation facilitated by student leaders; interaction with young alumni and time for personal reflection. It’s fun and completely free.
Why Should I Attend?
A chance for you to explore…
- your reflections on the first two years of college
- the values, relationships, issues and interests that are important to you
- your sense of purpose or vocation and where you are going with your life
A chance for you to meaningfully connect with…
- fellow sophomores
- juniors and seniors serving as student leaders
- faculty and staff members
- young alumni
A chance for you to learn about…
- how to become a more reflective student
- how to make decisions that align with your values and interests
- how to make the most of your last two years at St. Olaf and beyond
A chance to take away…
- insights into your values, interests and goals
- a stronger sense of purpose
- a foundation of knowledge and resources for future vocational and career exploration
- Information Session: Thursday, September 19th from 11:30am- 12:15pm in Viking Theater
- Retreat Dates: Friday, November 8th from 3:10pm (board the bus) to Saturday, November 9th at approximately 8:00pm (bus arrival at St. Olaf).
- Lodging will be provided in heated camper cabins (10 bunks/cabin) at Camp Ihduhapi in Loretto, MN. Transportation will be provided in charter buses.
- Cost: Free – Funded by the Piper Center
Spring Quo Vadis Retreat
The retreat will also be offered again in the spring semester, April 4th- 5th, 2014. Registration details will be posted after the completion of the fall retreat.
What if I Can Not Attend Either Retreat?
The Quo Vadis Retreat is not the only opportunity for sophomores to explore these topics. Piper Center staff are eager to help all students reflect on their values, interests and skills; discern their vocations and explore career options. If you would like to meet with a staff member, please log in to Ole Career Central and “request a coaching appointment.”
April 2-3, 2011
Take a peek at the photos that were captured at the retreat! You will get a glimpse at what values, passions, relationships, and issues might be important to you! You will see the collaboration between faculty, staff and students and you will see that the event was fun!
March 30, 2011
The Quo Vadis Sophomore Retreat offers sophomores a chance to step away from campus to reflect on where you have been, where you are, and where you are going within a supportive mentoring community.