Quo Vadis is a unique opportunity for St. Olaf sophomores to step away from campus to reflect on where you have been, who you are, and where you are going within a supportive community of fellow students, staff, faculty and alumni. Retreats take place at the YMCA Camp Ihduhapi near Loretto, MN.
Fall Retreat: November 13-14, 2015 (departing at 3:15pm on 11/13, returning by 8:00pm on 11/14)
Spring Retreat: April 8- 9, 2016 (departing at 3:15pm on 4/8, returning by 8:00pm on 4/9)
*Registration for the fall retreat is now closed. Registration for the spring retreat will open on February 19th.
What is the Quo Vadis Retreat?
Quo Vadis means “where are you going?” The annual Quo Vadis Retreat offers St. Olaf sophomores a unique opportunity to step away from campus to reflect on where you have been, who you are, and where you are going within a supportive community. It’s fun, completely free and includes the following components:
- Short talks from student leaders, staff and faculty
- Small group conversation facilitated by student leaders
- Young alumni panel and lunch conversation
- Time to strengthen connections with other students and reflect on your own life
Why Should I Attend?
A chance for you to explore…
- your reflections on the first two years of college
- the values, relationships, issues and interests that are important to you
- your sense of purpose or vocation and where you are going with your life
A chance for you to meaningfully connect with…
- fellow sophomores
- juniors and seniors serving as student leaders
- faculty and staff members
- young alumni
A chance for you to learn about…
- how to become a more reflective student
- how to make decisions that align with your values and interests
- how to make the most of your last two years at St. Olaf and beyond
A chance to take away…
- insights into your values, interests and goals
- a stronger sense of purpose
- a foundation of knowledge and resources for future vocational and career exploration
- Lodging will be provided in heated camper cabins (10 bunks/cabin) at Camp Ihduhapi in Loretto, MN. Transportation will be provided in charter buses.
- Cost: Free – Funded by the Piper Center
What if I Can Not Attend Either Retreat?
The Quo Vadis Retreat is not the only opportunity for sophomores to explore these topics. Piper Center staff are eager to help all students reflect on their values, interests and skills; discern their vocations and explore career options. If you would like to meet with a staff member, please log in to Ole Career Central and “request a coaching appointment.”
Questions? Contact Nate Jacobi, Associate Director, Service and Leadership in the Piper Center (firstname.lastname@example.org)