Firmly rooted in a vision that articulates an integrated approach to the study of natural sciences and mathematics, Regents Hall is carrying the sciences at St. Olaf deep into the 21st century, housed in inspiring and innovative learning spaces explicitly designed to promote the student-faculty interactions for which St. Olaf is known.
Every St. Olaf student takes courses in science and mathematics and nearly 40 percent graduate with a major or concentration in one or more of the disciplines housed in the new building.
Here are some of the specifc ways in which Regents Hall of Natural and Mathematical Sciences contributes to the quality of a St. Olaf education:
- Promotes the interdisciplinary teaching and collaborative research that is at the cutting edge of modern science.
- Benefits the recruitment and retention of faculty and students.
- Provides excellent faculty-student research spaces needed to sustain our nationally recognized undergraduate research programs.
- Promotes more intentional interaction among students and faculty.
- Has flexible and technology-rich classrooms that keep pace with emerging scientific discovery.
- Is used extensively by scientists and mathematicians while being open to the entire St. Olaf community, enhancing connections among the disciplines.
- Has environmental integrity, consistent with the mission of the college.
- Reinvigorates the Old Main side of campus, creating a beautiful new green space.