Instructions to Submit Section Choices for Religion 121 or Writing 111 Registration
Fall Semester, 2013-2014
Course submission period for Religion 121 and Writing 111 registration:
OPEN on Monday, July 29, 2013 at 8:00 a.m. (CDT)
CLOSE on Thursday, August 1, 2013 at 12:00 noon (CDT)
Questions? Contact Cheryl LaCroix, firstname.lastname@example.org, 507-786-6797
Students exempt from the Religion 121 or Writing 111 registration process:
- Students accepted into The Great Conversation (automatically registered in GCON 113)
- Students accepted into Environmental Conversations (automatically registered in either REL 121J or WRIT 111C)
- International Degree-Seeking students will take writing placement on Saturday, August 31 before placement in either Religion 121 or Writing 111.
- International Exchange students are not required to take Religion 121 or Writing 111.
- American Conversations students automatically registered in AMCON 101B will wait until spring semester 2013-14 to take Religion 121. Do not submit course choices. Students registered into AMCON 101A will take Religion 121 in fall semester and need to submit Religion course choices during course submission period.
Step 1: LOG INTO THE SIS: https://www.stolaf.edu/sis/login.cfm
- Alerts and Holds: ALL students must remove holds including those students not having to do course submission for Religion or Writing registration. These holds are requesting you to verify data we have for you. If you have not removed your holds, click on each individual link and remove each hold. All holds must be removed whether you submit course choices or not.
Step 2: CHECK YOUR ASSIGNED COURSE: REL 121 or WRIT 111 (You are assigned to take either REL 121 OR WRIT 111 in fall semester and you will wait to take the other course in spring semester.)
- Click REGISTRATION
- Click ADD NEW SCHEDULE
- Click on first empty course slot. You will see a list of either REL 121 sections or a list of WRIT 111 sections. This is the course you are assigned to take in fall semester.
Step 3: REVIEW SECTION DESCRIPTIONS
Now that you know which course you will be taking in fall semester, time to make your section choices.
You are required to choose a minimum of 5 different section choices of the course you are assigned to take. Enrollment is limited in each section so the more section options you submit; the more likely the SIS registration system will add a section of your choice to your fall registration. Choose all sections that interest you.
Step 4: ADD A NEW SCHEDULE
- After reviewing section descriptions and making your section choices, click on ADD A NEW SCHEDULE.
- Insert ONE section choice into first empty course slot.
- Click SAVE AND VALIDATE SCHEDULE.
- Click RETURN TO SCHEDULE LIST. Your first course schedule has been added. Only one section should be listed in each individual course schedule you add.
- Repeat until you have at least five (5) individual course schedules each listing a different section choice. Each individual course schedule should total only 1.00 course credit.