You should be able to find answers to your VA benefit questions at www.gibill.va.gov. If not, please contact Tonda Grund, VA Certifying Official, at email@example.com or x3015. Also let me know if there is other VA information you would like posted or linked to this web page.
- You may not take the same course at St. Olaf that you transferred in from another institution.
- D- or above is passing and benefits are not given if the same course is repeated
- There has to be an academic reason for repeating a course for which you previously had a passing grade. For example VA students will receive benefits if a course is repeated where a grade of C or above is required for their major.
- You will not receive VA benefits if a course you passed earlier is repeated just to raise your GPA.
- If VA students receive an F for a course and repeat it, then benefits are awarded. If the course is completed the F is not reported to the VA. If the student is suspended then a 1999b is completed and sent to the VA.
- First and second year students at St. Olaf must verify what their degree BA or BM is, but do not have to declare their major yet.
- A VA student in their junior year must verify their major(s). It is then reported to the VA.