Please note that not everything listed here is sponsored by St. Olaf.
NEW Thanksgiving Break service!
BREAK SHUTTLE to Chicago, Madison, Milwaukee.
BREAK SHUTTLES to the MSP Airport provided by Northfield Lines, Inc. You can also find Northfield Lines, Inc. on Facebook.
- Transportation to locations within the Northfield city limits.
- Students can pick up free tokens for the regular routes at the Buntrock Information Desk. Limit 2 p/ID. If more than 2 are needed, contact, they can be purchased at the Bookstore. Free tokens are NOT for Dial-a-Ride service.
- $1.25 per ride without complimentary token, available at the St. Olaf Bookstore.
Local Express Bus The Northfield Express Free Bus for St. Olaf students – Stops at Carleton, Just Food Co-Op, Cub/Target, and El Tequila/Culvers. Operates daily: 9/4/2013 – 6/9/2014 Monday-Saturday, 4pm-11pm and Sunday, 1pm-4pm
- No Service: November 27-30, 2013
- December 20, 2013 – January 3, 2014
- March 23-29, 2014
- April 20, 2014 (Easter)
Enterprise Car-Share (formerly WeCar) On-campus vehicles available for hourly/daily rental, operated by Enterprise. Rental fee includes insurance. Must have valid drivers’ license and be at least 18 years old. Van-GO! Daily transportation in and around Northfield to support students community service, off-campus student-work, medical appointments, and classes at Carleton. Offered only during the academic year. Operates weekdays: Monday – Friday, 7am – 6pm
The Metro EXPRESS, a daily service to and from the Twin Cities. 888-670-8068
- Due to increased ridership and demand, the Northfield Metro Express, daily route service between Northfield and the Twin Cities of Minneapolis and St. Paul will increase bus stops in Northfield. The new, additional Northfield bus stop will be at the corner of St. Olaf Avenue and Manitou Street, at the stop sign.
- The Northfield Metro Express route service operates 365 days a year, including all major holidays. Beginning August 1, 2013, one-way advance purchase tickets are only $13.00, which includes one large suitcase and one carry-on. Additional luggage is only $5.00/bag. Commuter bus passes start at $260.00 for a twenty one-way punch pass and $346.00 for unlimited monthly ridership.