ITEMS PRINTED IN ITALICS ARE OPTIONAL
- Check with department and/or program on major, emphasis, and/or concentration.
- Schedule time with coaching staff within the Piper Center for Vocation and Career, Tomson Hall 270, to begin the job search process, have your resume critiqued, and log onto Ole Career Central to locate jobs in your field of interest. If you’re planning on graduate school in the next few years, check out Piper Center resources and application information. Online information available at:
- Apply to graduate online in the SIS via the “Application to Graduate” form. You received your senior audit in your P.O. Check your audit carefully and contact the Registrar’s Office if you have questions or concerns. The deadline for the online graduation application found in the SIS is March 5, 2014.
- Apply to graduate by returning the green “Application to Graduate” form that you will receive with your completed audit from the Registrar’s Office during October and November. Check your audit carefully and contact the Registrar’s Office if you have questions or concerns. The deadline for the graduation application is ASAP and no later than March 5, 2014.
- The week of November 4th, make sure you have no financial obligation to the college prior to Interim and Semester II registration. Please check the status of your account online at:
- The graduation application deadline is March 5! If you want a diploma you must confirm your intent to graduate in the online SIS.
- Verify graduation information for your diploma, the commencement program and your major/concentration certification – posted on the Registrar’s website. Keep checking Class of 2014 emails from the Registrar: these have IMPORTANTgraduation updates!
- A booklet containing Commencement Weekend information along with event registration information will be sent to parents of graduating seniors in February. Registration questions should be directed to the Office of Alumni and Parent Relations.
- Please click on the following link to place your cap and gown order for Commencement. Follow directions provided to insure availability of a cap and gown at GradFest. Orders must be placed before March 9th.
- If you will be off campus after the first of April, send your contact information (email address) to Max Erickson Assistant Director of College Special Events – firstname.lastname@example.org - to ensure you receive all the commencement information you will need.
Thursday, April 24, attend GradFest:
http://www.collegebookstore.org/in the Buntrock Ballroom during one of the following times:~ 11:30 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
~ 4:30 p.m. to 7:00 p.m.GradFest is an “open house” event – you may come and go as your schedule permits during either session.
The St. Olaf Bookstore will be distributing cap and gowns at GradFest. You will need to pay for your gown at this time. ($35, cash, check or Ole Dollars only.) Jostens representatives will be on hand to take orders for custom graduation announcements, or you may order a class ring. You may also purchase diploma frames from Framing Success reprensentatives. Students can play “GradFest Bingo” and have a chance to win one of many great prizes!
- Check with family members to ensure that they have received registration and ticketing information for Commencement Weekend events. Registration deadline is May 11, 2014. Events requiring preregistration include:~ On-campus housing for family and friends of graduates.
~ Celebration Brunch – a post-Baccalaureate/pre-Commencement event
~ Celebration BanquetRefer to the Alumni and Parent Relations web page for more information on Commencement Weekend events along with registration forms (available later this year).
- When ordering transcripts during spring semester, be sure to mark “send after Semester II grades and degree have been posted.” This ensures your degree will be listed.
- Watch for e-mail notification from the Financial Aid Office/Student Loan Accounts Office with instructions to complete a REQUIRED Exit Loan Counseling for Federal Stafford, Federal Perkins Loan, and St. Olaf College Loan borrowers.
- Notify Kathee Hanscom - email@example.com - in the Office of the Provost and Dean of the College if you will not be attending the graduation ceremony.
- Check your email for information from the Commencement Coordinator about commencement details: tickets, special seating, rehearsal, etc.
- Check your campus P.O. box for information about checking out of your residence hall.
- There’s only one month left! Make sure you’ve completed everything on this senior checklist in order to successfully graduate from St. Olaf. You’re almost there!
- Complete the very brief Class of 2014 Survey: First Destination, if you didn’t get a chance to do so at GradFest, even if you’re not sure yet what your plans are. Or give us an update if your plans have fallen into place since then!
- Attend one Federal Loan Repayment Session. Date, time and location will be sent via email from financial aid.
- By Friday, May 17, complete Required Exit Loan Counseling for Federal Stafford, Federal Perkins Loan and St. Olaf College Loan borrowers.
- Remember: all residence halls and honor houses will close on the Monday after graduation. Check the Residence Life website for exact details.
- If you are concerned about the pronunciation of your name at Commencement, stop by the Office of the Provost and Dean of the College on Monday, May 19 between 10 a.m. and noon to review the pronunciation with the Dean – the Dean’s office is in Tomson Hall.
- Pick up your Commencement tickets in the main office in Buntrock Commons, room 147, (down the hall from the Cage) the week prior to Commencement. Each graduating senior will receive a total of 3 [three] tickets. Tickets will be available Monday, May 19 through Friday, May 23 from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Please present your student I.D. when picking up tickets. NO TICKETS WILL BE AVAILABLE AFTER 5 P.M. FRIDAY, MAY 23.
- If necessary, exchange up to two of your three commencement tickets for tickets in the physically challenged seating area. Do this when you pick up your commencement tickets in Buntrock Commons 147.
- Be sure to try on your commencement gown to make sure it’s the right size. If it’s not the right size, you might be able to correct it but not on the day of commencement. Press your commencement gown so it is not wrinkled – trust us – they arereally wrinkled when they come out of the package. The Office of Student Activities will have a steamer available for your use.
- Make sure you have no financial obligations to the college prior to commencement. You will not be able to receive your diploma if you have any outstanding fees. Please check the status of your account online or call x3766.
- On Friday, May 23, check your P.O. box for an official “issued to student” transcript from the Registrar’s Office.
- Attend the Last Lecture for the Class of 2014 on Saturday, May 24 in Boe Chapel. Speaker TBA.
- Find your lantern and join classmates in the illumination of campus on Saturday night.
- Arrive at the Tostrud Field House for commencement rehearsal at 12:30 p.m. on Sunday, May 25 in cap and gown.
- Contact your area coordinator or resident assistant to check out of your residence hall or honor house by no later than Monday, May 26.
- Congratulations! You made it!!