The Board of Leaders are responsible for planning and coordinating many SSS activities such as the Ice Cream Social, the Senior Advice Taco Night and First Year events. In addition to these tasks, the Board of Leaders will promote leadership and campus activity within the SSS community. The Board of Leaders will expand and strengthen the relationship between SSS with the broader St. Olaf community establishing a voice that will be very important for our program.
In attaining this goal, the 13 members serve on committees that help SSS collaborate with various offices on campus. There are 4 committees: Mentoring Committee, Special Events/Public Relations Committee, Piper Center Committee, and Executive Committee. Each committee has specific goals and through collaboration with one another they will ensure the success of the board in reaching its goal. Each committee reports every week with an update at the Board of Leaders weekly meeting on Mondays from 3:15pm-4:15pm in Tomson Hall 200.
All SSS students can come to the Board of Leader meetings. We welcome your ideas and we would love to have you join us. Please contact Tenzin Choerap, SSS Academic Advisor at firstname.lastname@example.org or a Board member if you would like to learn more about the SSS Board of Leaders.
2014-2015 SSS Board of Leaders
Class of 2015
Victoria Green and Tosaka Thao
Class of 2016
Stephanie Espitia, Sophia Mai, and Issa Prosper
Class of 2017
Jasmine Carlson, Jinhee Cha, Diana Lopez, Vanessa Lopez, Jacqueline Molina, Dalena Ngo, and Nick Woods
Class of 2018
Responsibilities of a Board of Leader:
- Serve as a positive role model for all SSS students
- Plan and coordinate SSS activities throughout the academic school year such as: Food, Family, and Fun (FFF) events, Cultural Events, Information Sessions, Class Activities, and Alumni Events
- Attend weekly Board of Leader Meetings
- Work in the SSS office
- Attend training during Week One, attend the Board of Leader Retreat, and mandatory SSS events (to be determined by SSS staff) throughout the academic year
- Serve on one of the four committees and provide a report at the weekly meeting