Anna K. Bonde Memorial Career Advancement Opportunity
This is awarded to St. Olaf College Theater Graduates
The Anna K. Bonde Career Advancement Opportunity in Theater was established with gifts made in memory of Anna K. Bonde. Anna was a 1999 graduate of Churchill High School and was very active during high school in the Creative and Performing Arts (“CAPA”) program. After graduation, Anna attended St. Olaf College where she majored in theater and dance. During her sophomore year, Anna was killed by a drunk driver. This opportunity is intended to offer St, Olaf College Theater graduates an experience in their area of expertise to prepare them for graduate school or a professional career in the theater.
Objectives: To offer St. Olaf College Theater graduates an opportunity to gain experience in their field, to further develop their artistic portfolios, and to add St. Olaf Theater to their list of clients. This career advancement opportunity is designed to provide further experience in one of several aspects of theater operation: design, stage management, costumes, scene painting, public relations/publicity, props, movement/choreography, acting, directing, lighting, sound, literary management or technical theater. The program is intended to provide theater graduates opportunities to further develop a portfolio of work and to advance their career in theater.
The Anna K. Bonde Memorial Career Advancement Opportunity is made possible by a gift in memory of Anna K. Bonde and this title shall be used in all formal publications concerning this experience.
Timeline: Applications are accepted in an ongoing basis. Specific working schedule is determined in consultation with a selected faculty or staff member and the Chair of the Theater Department.
- The Anna K. Bonde contractor will receive a payment of up to $1600 (one half paid at the beginning of the contract period and one half to be paid at the end of the contract period). The administration and awarding of this contract is subject to normal college operating policies and procedures.
- Up to three people may be awarded career advancement opportunities each academic year.
- The Anna K. Bonde Memorial Career Advancement Opportunity will be made available for a period of five years beginning in May of 2007 (or until the Anna K. Bonde Memorial Career Opportunity Committee determines a change is required). The committee shall be made up of the Chair of the St. Olaf College Department of Theater, a member of the family of Anna K. Bonde, and a member of the St. Olaf College Advancement Division.
- The Department will provide $50 toward the cost of portfolio development (for supplies, photos, etc.) for each recipient of the Anna K. Bonde Memorial Career Opportunity. Charges need to be pre-approved by the Department Chair and submitted through the Main Office of the Theater Department.
- At the completion of the contract, the independent contractor shall write a final summary of the opportunity and send a copy of this to the family of Anna K. Bonde and a copy to the Department Chair of the St. Olaf College Theater Department.
Application Procedure: Theatre graduates who wish to apply for the Anna K. Bonde Memorial Career Advancement Opportunity should complete an application. Applications must include a page describing the work to be undertaken and a resume. Follow up interviews may be scheduled at the request of the Chair of the Theater Department.
Selection will be made by the Anna K. Bonde Memorial Career Opportunity Committee and will be based on the factors deemed important by the Committee including, for example, the quality of the applicant’s previous work, the applicant’s work ethic (self-motivation, ability to work independently), the ability to complete the designated work in the time frame given and previous contributions to the life of the department. The Chair of the Theater Department will notify all applicants of their status by the end of the spring term final exam period.