Since the Upward Bound staff realize that our current students often wonder what the old Bridge kids are up to, we have decided to get updates from some of them about their life “after UB.” This month, I was able to interview 2009 Central Graduate Mohammed Reza. I am happy to report that Mohammed is still in college and loves it. Here is a quick update from Mo.
1) What school are you attending?
I am attending Augsburg College.
2) What classes are you taking this semester?
I am taking components of fitness training, math, chemical dependency education, and personal and community health.
3) Are you involved in any extra-curricular activities on campus?
Yes, I am working as an athletic trainer for Augsburg.
4) Are you enjoying college?
I love college. The environment makes you want to be successful in life.
5) Is college what you thought it was going to be?
No, I thought it was going to be constant studying, but it turns out that if you do your studying you can still have time for friends and family.
6) What is a typical day for you?
A typical day for me is class in the morning, hang out with friends and have lunch, then I go to work. I go to the gym after work, and then head to my dorm to study.
7) Any advice for UB students?
Do your best in school and learn as much as you can, because if you take the easy route you could struggle later on.