Starting a major
- Many students take Psych 125 and Nursing 110 during their first year. Some students take Bio 150 and/or a chemistry class if they are thinking of physical therapy graduate school. Bio 143 and Bio 243 (Anatomy I and II) are taken in the sophomore year.
Are there courses students MUST/SHOULD/CAN take their First Year?
- Must: There are no courses that absolutely must be taken in the first year.
- Should: Psych 125 and Nursing 110.
- Can: If ready, Bio 150 and Stats 110.
Credit for previous coursework
- Credit for transfer courses are done in consultation with the Registrar and the Exercise Science Department Chair.
- Week One information sessions on the exercise science major, pre-PT, and pre-OT programs.
- Email Cindy Book (email@example.com) to sign up for the exercise science email alias to receive occasional emails on internships, advising, speakers, and events.
Other Information/College Catalog Link/Website Link
- Catalog: http://catalog.stolaf.edu/academic-programs/exercise-science/
- Website: https://wp.stolaf.edu/exercise-science/
Contacts & Department Location
Exercise Science Department Office: 114 Skoglund Center
- Exercise Science AAA: Jenny Peterson (firstname.lastname@example.org), x3749
- Exercise Science Department Chair: Cindy Book (email@example.com), x3255
To download and print, click on this link: Exercise Science Information Sheet