Starting a concentration
- A Media Studies concentration may be started at any point in a degree program; however, students are encouraged to take MEDIA 160, the required core course, as early as possible.
- Most students complete a required internship in their junior or senior years.
Are there courses students MUST/SHOULD/CAN take their First Year?
- Must: There are no courses that absolutely must be taken in the first year.
- Should: Students should consider taking MEDIA 160 in their first or second years.
- Can: In their first year, students are welcome to take MEDIA 260: Media and Screen Cultures, without having taken MEDIA 160 first.
Credit for previous coursework
- Students may include one approved Media-related course from an Off Campus and International Studies program in their degree program.
- Program Informational Session (Week One)
- Digital Portfolio Session (late October each year), mandatory for seniors, recommended for all declared concentrators
Other Information/College Catalog Link/Website Link
- Catalog: http://catalog.stolaf.edu/academic-programs/media-studies/
- Website: https://wp.stolaf.edu/media-studies/
Contacts & Department Location
The Media Studies Program Office is located in THEATRE 218.
- William Sonnega, Director of Media Studies (email@example.com) x3177
- Deborah Clark, AAA for Media Studies (firstname.lastname@example.org), x3945
To download and print, click on this link: Media Studies Information Sheet