Starting a major
- Most students will begin with NORW 111. Students should consult their placement recommendation.
Are there courses students MUST/SHOULD take their First Year?
- Potential majors need to take NORW 111 and NORW 112 during their first year in order to complete the major in four years.
- Potential majors who have an interest in history (either that of Norwegian-America or that of the Nordic countries) should note that there are several History courses with a Nordic theme that are only open to first years. This includes HIST 111 and 169.
Credit for previous coursework
- Credit for transfer courses or other programs are done in consultation with the Registrar, the Norwegian Placement Director and Norwegian Department Chair.
- Students must follow their placement results provided by the department and found on the Student Information System (SIS).
- Students needing placement help should contact the Norwegian Placement Director, Christine Haerter Piñero (email@example.com), x3471.
- Week One Information Sessions
Other Information/College Catalog Link/Website Link
- Catalog: http://catalog.stolaf.edu/academic-programs/norwegian/
- Website: https://wp.stolaf.edu/norwegian/
Contacts & Department Location
Norwegian Department Office: Tomson Hall (TOM) 334-337
- Norwegian Department AAA: Liza Davis (firstname.lastname@example.org), x3230
- Norwegian Placement Director: Christine Haerter Piñero (email@example.com), x3471
- Norwegian Interim Department Chair: Wendy Allen (firstname.lastname@example.org), x3247
To download and print, click on this link: Norwegian Information Sheet