Starting a major
- Most students do not begin the major until the first semester of sophomore year, though a few begin in interim or second semester of their first year.
Are there courses students MUST/SHOULD/CAN take their First Year?
- Can: We encourage first year students to take Philosophy 118 (Making of the Modern Mind) or 119 (Moral Psychology).
Credit for previous coursework
- If you have completed a Philosophy course at another college or university, please contact the department chair.
- Departmental Information Session (Week One)
- ‘Pizza Thursday’ discussions held most Thursdays at community time during the semesters 1 and 2.
Other Information/College Catalog Link/Website Link
- Catalog: http://catalog.stolaf.edu/academic-programs/philosophy/
- Website: https://wp.stolaf.edu/philosophy/
Contacts & Department Location
The Department of Philosophy is located in Holland Hall, 4th floor.
- Philosophy Chair: Charles Talaiferro (email@example.com) x3662
- Philosophy AAA: Sue Newland (firstname.lastname@example.org) x3200
To download and print, click on this link: Philosophy Information Sheet