Starting a major
- STUDIO ART (10 courses): begin with Foundations: Art 102, Art 103, and/or Art 104
- ART HISTORY (9 courses): begin with Art 153: Introduction to Art History
Are there courses students MUST/SHOULD/CAN take their First Year?
- Must: There are no courses that must be taken the first year
- Should: Any of the Foundation classes (102, 103, 104, 153)
- Can: Anything of interest and/or any of the Foundation classes
Credit for previous coursework
- Art History AP Exam: An AP score of 4 or 5 counts for Art 153 for both the Art History and Studio Art Majors.
- Studio AP Exam (Drawing, 2D or 3D): An AP score of 4 or 5 counts as 1 elective course in the Studio Art Major.
- Credit for transfer courses or other programs are done in consultation with the Registrar and the chair of Art and Art History.
- There are no placement procedures for either major
- Departmental Information Sessions during Week One
- Departmental Picnic in mid-September
Other Information/College Catalog Link/Website Link
- Catalog: http://catalog.stolaf.edu/academic-programs/art-history/
- Website: https://wp.stolaf.edu/art/
Contacts & Department Location
- Patty Cohn, AAA, CAD 200, x. 3248 email@example.com
- Irve Dell, Chair, CAD 200a, x. 3816 firstname.lastname@example.org
To print or download, click on this link: Art and Art History Information Sheet