Starting a concentration
- A Media Studies concentration may be started at any point in a degree program; however, students are encouraged to take MEDIA 160, the required core course, as early as possible.
- Most students complete a required internship in their junior or senior years.
Are there courses students MUST/SHOULD/CAN take their First Year?
- Must: There are no courses that absolutely must be taken in the first year.
- Should: Students should consider taking MEDIA 160 in their first or second years.
- Can: Students are welcome to take MEDIA 260: Media and Screen Cultures, without having taken MEDIA 160 first.
Credit for previous coursework
Students may include one approved Media-related course from an Off Campus and International Studies program in their degree program.
- Program Informational Session (Week One)
- Digital Portfolio Session (late October each year), mandatory for seniors, recommended for all declared concentrators