Starting a major
- STUDIO ART (10 courses: 8 studio + 2 art history): including Art 102, Art 103, Art 104 and Art 343
- ART HISTORY (9 courses: 8 art history + 1 studio): including Art 153 and Art 350
Are there courses students MUST, SHOULD, or CAN take their First Year?
- Must: There are no courses that must be taken the first year
- Should: Any of the Foundation classes (102, 103, 104, 153)
- Can: Anything of interest and/or any of the Foundation classes
Credit for previous coursework
- Art History AP Exam: An AP score of 4 or 5 counts for Art 153 for both the Art History and Studio Art Majors.
- Studio AP Exam (Drawing, 2D or 3D): An AP score of 4 or 5 counts as 1 elective course in the Studio Art Major.
- Credit for transfer courses or other programs are done in consultation with the Registrar and the chair of Art and Art History.
There are no placement procedures for either major
- Departmental Information Sessions during Week One
- Departmental Picnic in mid-September